Applying for Private Generation Interconnection in New York
Submit Required Forms and DocumentationPlease include all necessary information, designs, and accurate contact information to ensure an efficient review process. In most cases, the certified installer handles the technical paperwork. Please verify this with the installer.
Upload the following required documents directly to Power Clerk:
- Executed interconnection agreement
- Customer authorization letter
- A site plan with the proposed point of interconnection identified on satellite image (Google Earth, Bing Maps)
- Copy of certificate of UL 1741 compliance
- Copy of interface manufacturer’s data sheet
- Copy of manufacturer’s verification test procedures
- Diagram (one line for single phase installation; three line for three phase system, including PCC wiring configuration and existing utility service)
- Appendix B (>50 kW Applications)
- Copy of check for application fee (>50 kW Applications)
Applications for Distributed Generation Programs
Before beginning the application process, please contact an account engineer in the New Business office at 1-845-577-3324 and review the applicable tariffs.
- Apply for a 50 kW or Less System
- Apply for a Greater Than 50 kW System ($750 application fee)
- Apply for Community Distributed Generation ($750 application fee)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Registration
Community Distributed Generation (CDG) Developers
- Community Distributed Generation Procedural Requirements for Grandfathered NM and Phase One NEM (PDF)
- CDG Phase One NEM Allocation Request Form (XLS)
- Community Distributed Generation Procedural Requirements for Value Stack (PDF)
- CDG Value Stack Allocation Request Form (XLS)
- CDG Host Certification Form (PDF)
Natural gas customers
You may qualify for special rates on your natural gas delivery and supply through us. See Service Classification Riders B and C
Farm Wasteland Customers
Energy Only Farm Wasteland Customer
If you’re an energy only farm waste customer, your excess solar credits are cashed out on your anniversary month. Your anniversary month is the month that your net metering account was activated with us. You can choose to cash out in any month you’d like. But, you can only change your cash-out month once.
Demand Metered Farm Wasteland Customer
If you’re a demand billed farm waste customer, all excess kilowatt hours of energy sent to the grid are “cashed out” after every billing cycle. We do this by multiplying the excess kilowatt hours by a rate approximate to your retail rate for that month. The resulting monetary credit is applied to the account up to the total amount of other charges (i.e. basic service charges and demand charges) in the billing period. Any credit in excess of the billing period’s other charges is converted back to kilowatt hours and carried forward to future cycles.
For additional billing details or clarification, call 877-434-4100 or use our online contact form.
O&R Available System DataIn accordance with O&R’s Initial Distributed System Implementation Plan filed on June 30, 2016 in NY Public Service Commission Proceeding on the Motion of the Commission in Regard to Reforming the Energy Vision (Case 14-M-0101) O&R is making available the following New York system data to interested parties:
- Five years forecasted 24 hour system peak day load curves
- One year historic 8760 load data by substation load area
- 2016 forecasted 24 hour peak load curves by substation load area
- 2015 actual 24 hour minimum load curves by substation load area
To access this system data, view the Hosting Capacity Map.