Shop for Energy Service Companies
Just as you choose your cell phone provider or your bank, you can choose an energy service company that’s right for you. No matter what company you choose to get your energy from, we will continue to deliver that energy, read your meter, handle service calls, and provide emergency assistance.
What is an ESCO?
Energy service companies (ESCOs) provide electricity and/or natural gas to residential and business customers in New York and New Jersey. You can take charge of your energy bills by choosing from an array of energy service companies. Some also offer energy supply from alternative sources like wind or solar. Remember, when you choose an energy service company, we will still deliver the electricity and/or natural gas to you.
What are the benefits of choosing an ESCO?
- It’s your choice. Find the best energy supplier for you.
- Flexibility. Enjoy the freedom of being able to choose your own energy supplier.
- Billing convenience. In most cases, you can receive a single bill from us showing both your energy supply and delivery charges on one statement.
- Special offers. Some energy suppliers may offer a fixed price or promotional discounts.
- Alternative energy. Some offers include wind, solar, hydroelectric, biomass, and other environmentally friendly power sources.
- Who is eligible?
All customers are eligible. We can help you choose an energy service company whether you’re a residential or business customer.
The New York State Public Service Commission publishes the ESCO Residential Complaint Rate Scorecard ( http://www.dps.ny.gov), which reflects complaint rates for ESCOs that serve at least 1,000 customers in New York State. The rates are based on complaints received, whether or not the ESCO was determined to be at fault or adequately resolved the consumer's complaint.