Savings for Commercial & Industrial Customers
You qualify to participate in this program if you're a New York commercial or industrial customer who has an active electric and/or gas account with us, contributes to the System Benefit Charge (SBC), and is installing the energy-efficient electric and/or gas measures in an existing facility or new construction project. These upgrades can reduce your business energy use, lower your energy bill, and may even save maintenance costs, improving your bottom line.
Three Ways to Participate
Electric and gas customers have three options available: the Instant Lighting Incentive Program, the Prescriptive Rebate pathway and the Custom Rebate pathway.
Prescriptive rebates are designed to cover up to 50 percent of the INCREMENTAL MEASURE COST for installing high-efficiency electric or gas heating, cooling, and ventilation equipment, and installing variable speed drives (VSD). All VSD projects require preapproval.
Incentive Levels & Eligibility Requirements
- Prescriptive Electric HVAC Measures (PDF)
- Prescriptive Gas HVAC Measures (PDF)
- Prescriptive Variable Speed Drives (VSD) Measures (PDF)
All you need to do is complete the application and attach the specification sheets, scope of work and invoice. We’ll review the application and equipment specifications for eligibility to process the rebate. Some rebates may require an on-site verification inspection prior to payment.
Submit through our online portal
The Custom rebates are designed to offer you rebates for cost-effective measures on projects that aren't covered by the Instant Lighting Incentive Program or Prescriptive Rebate programs. All custom projects require pre-approval, engineering analyses demonstrating savings, and a pre-inspection to determine eligibility.
Non-Prescriptive Measure Incentives:
- Electric incentives are offered at 20 cents per kWh with at least a one year payback.
- Gas incentives are offered at $1.50 per therm saved with at least a one year payback.
Custom LED Lighting Retrofit Projects:(fixtures that aren't on the measure list for the Instant Lighting Incentive Program)
- Custom LED project incentives are offered at $0.08 per kWh saved and capped at 25% of the total project cost with at least a one year payback.
- Municipal street light custom LED project incentives are offered at $0.06 per kWh saved and capped at 25% of the total project cost with at least a one year payback.
- Fill out the Commercial & Industrial Lighting Tool [xls].
- For new construction or gut renovation, fill out the Commercial & Industrial New Construction Lighting Tool [xls].
- Submit the Custom Rebate Application through our online portal.
|All Custom Measures||New Refrigerated Display Case|
|Building Automation System/Energy Management Systems|
|Extended Life||Variable Speed Domestic Water Booster Pump System|
Contact Program Administrator, Jeremy ScottEmail