NYS Parker-Richardson Law
Protection for residential customers in New York having trouble paying their energy bill
We’re here to help. If you have experienced a change in your financial circumstances as a result of the COVID-19 State of Emergency, you may be eligible for special protections to avoid terminations in the future.
To receive these protections, you must contact us at 1-877-434-4100 for assistance.
Under this law, if you contact us and affirm that you experienced a change in financial circumstances as a result of COVID-19 starting on or after March 7, 2020, you will be entitled to the following protections:
- We will not disconnect your service for non-payment before December 31, 2021.
- You will be eligible for a payment agreement or to request a new agreement that requires no down payment, late fees or penalties.
We encourage all residential customers to contact us at 1-877-434-4100 to make payment arrangements so that when these protections expire, you will be able to manage your balance.
Find out more about the new law that provides these protections.
Financial Support for Your Business
Under a new law, you may be eligible to avoid disconnection of your service for non-payment until December 31, 2021. To qualify, you must affirm you’re a small-business owner with 25 or fewer employees and not:
- a publicly held company, or a subsidiary thereof;
- a seasonal, short-term, or temporary customer;
- a high-energy use customer as defined by the New York Public Service Commission, or;
- a customer that has the resources to pay their bill.
If you meet these conditions, please call us at 1-877-434-4100 to receive these protections.
Please note: In accordance with the law, we will not disconnect your service for non-payment until December 31, 2021.
Find out more about the law that provides these protections.
Other ways we’re trying to help local businesses get back on track:
- Offering no-fee, up to 24-month payment arrangements with a down payment as low as 0%. Log in to see your options and set up a payment agreement today.
- Need a few more days to pay your bill? No problem. Log in to schedule an extension.
As a New York business, you may also be eligible for State programs from New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and the Department of Financial Services that support businesses financially impacted by COVID-19.
Was this information helpful?