Power to Remaining O&R Customers Will Be Restored Today
Approximately 1,200 O&R company, contractor and overhead electric line crews, tree crews and additional field workers will fan out across Rockland and Bergen counties today to restore electric service to the remaining 1,390 customers whose power was knocked out last Wednesday by Winter Storm Quinn.
O&R estimates that these remaining outages — approximately 960 in Bergen and 430 in Rockland — will be repaired today.
O&R has restored approximately 67,000 customers to service since Wednesday.
A significant number of remaining outages involve single services. A single service is the wire that runs from a home or building to a pole, connecting the structure to our electric system. The simpler service jobs have been repaired, with all company resources today addressing the more difficult single-service outages that require multiple crews.
Scattered isolated outages and locations with significant damage pose the greatest challenges in the final phase of restoration. As a result, these labor-intensive jobs take the longest time to complete. In some instances, repairs by the customers’ contractors must be made before electricity can be safely restored.
If your power is still out and you have not reported the outage, please contact O&R using any one of these methods:
- Go to oru.com/reportoutage from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Use the O&R mobile app from your iPhone, iPad or Android device;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
You can also check on the status of your outage by going to the O&R website.
For more information, visit O&R’s Storm Center at www.oru.com.
As restoration operations continue, customers are reminded to please:
- Be especially mindful of the potential for downed lines to be buried beneath snow.
- Put your safety and the safety of your children first at all times. Maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from downed wires and anything they are in contact with, including puddles and fences.
- Never touch or approach any downed wire. Assume it is energized and dangerous. Call O&R immediately toll-free at 1-877-434-4100. Depending on the situation, you may also want to call your local police to divert traffic until an O&R crew arrives.
- If you experience a power outage, don’t assume that O&R automatically knows about it, or that someone else will report it. Also, notify the company if power is restored to your neighborhood, but not your home. All outages and safety concerns should be reported immediately.
Was this information helpful?