Safety Alert: Use Caution Driving in Work Zones
O&R company, contractor, tree and mutual aid crews will be working in large numbers tomorrow making final storm repairs. Many of these jobs will require working in the streets and setting up work zone traffic control points to safely manage traffic flow through damaged areas.
According to the latest forecasts, Winter Storm Skylar could bring 1-4 inches of snow across O&R’s service territory Monday into Tuesday with sustained winds of 10-20 mph and gusts between 25-35 mph through Thursday.
Crews continue to work to repair the final remaining outages caused by the destructive back-to-back nor’easters.
O&R reminds customers to treat all downed lines as though they are energized and dangerous, and to please:
- Maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from downed wires and anything they are in contact with, including puddles and fences
- Never touch or approach any downed wire. Call O&R immediately toll-free at 1-877-434-4100. Depending on the situation, you may also want to call your local police to divert traffic until an O&R crew arrives.
There are several ways customers can report outages and check service restoration status:
- Go to www.oru.com/outage from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Use the O&R mobile app from your iPhone, iPad or Android device;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
The following video describes the typical storm repair and power restoration process:
For more information, visit O&R’s Storm Center at www.oru.com.