National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Preliminary Determination
National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) includes the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program, which allots $7.5 billion for EV charging projects: $5 billion for national funding and $2.5 billion for grants for corridor and community charging. The NEVI program aims to increase fair access to electric vehicles, lower transportation-related emissions, and advance the federal objective of net zero emissions by 2050.
NEVI requirements were designed to provide convenient, reliable, affordable, and equitable charging for EV drivers who need fast charging locally or while on a trip. To be eligible for NEVI funding of up to 80% of project costs, locations must:
- Be within 1 mile of established alternative fuel corridors (AFCs)
- Accommodate the power requirements for DC solutions
- Charge four vehicles at 150 kW at the same time
- Cover remaining total project costs
Please refer to section "IV. PROJECT ELIGIBILITY PROVISIONS" of The National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program Guidance Memorandum for a full list of eligibility requirements, restrictions, considerations and minimum program requirements.
Rockland Electric Preliminary Determination
If you are interested in receiving a preliminary determination from Rockland Electric Company, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the:
- Site address
- # of DC/FC make/model
- Total connected site load
Rockland Electric Company will email a preliminary determination letter within 5 business days with a Green, Yellow or Red Status.
- Green: Project anticipated to not require utility grid work at the circuit nor substation level.
- Yellow: Project may require utility grid work at the circuit or substation level.
- Red: Project anticipated to require utility grid work at the circuit or substation level