How to Request Building Energy Consumption Data

Request Building Energy Consumption Data

We no longer charge for aggregated consumption data requests. If you’re a building owner or an owner’s authorized agent, we’ll give you your electricity and gas usage data for up to 24 months from the date of your request. There is still a fee for tenant-level data requests, or for building data older than 24 months.

Once your request is approved, you’ll get your data within two weeks.

  1. Complete the Aggregated Consumption Request Form (XLS)
    You may use last year's request form after verifying the account number is still valid and changing the benchmarking calendar year. 
  2. Log in to Project Center and upload your request form(s). For direction, read our Project Center Upload Instruction Guide (PDF).
  3. Send all applicable Letters of Authorization (PDF)

    If you submitted a Con Edison authorization form during a previous year and the building has not changed ownership, you will not be required to resubmit your Con Edison Letter of Authorization. 

Email Your Letters of Authorization


Local Law 84 requires benchmarking to be completed by May 1 of each year. If you missed the May 1 deadline, you have the opportunity to comply before the next quarterly deadlines of August 1, November 1, and February 1. 

For more information on these compliance dates, visit How to Comply.

In order to be guaranteed the data prior to the next deadline, all requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the deadline.