FAQ for Energy Suppliers
Requests must be received as follows:
- NY gas customers — at least 10 business days prior to the first of the month.
- NY electric customers — at least five business days prior to the scheduled meter reading date.
- NJ electric customers — at least 13 days prior to the scheduled meter reading date.
Yes, we accept enrollments for future start dates. However, we do NOT accept back-dated enrollment or drop requests.
There are various reasons why usage may be missing from some accounts. The main reasons are that the account:
- hasn't been billed up to date
- was finalized
- switched to another marketer
- is inactive
To request missing usage, email the Retail Access department.
Tax code status is required at the time of enrollment or in an EDI change transaction. To request a tax status change, the segment REF*RP must be sent with the appropriate percentage code.
For example, the code "I9" should be sent to make the account fully taxable, or the code "27" should be sent to make the account fully tax exempt.
Send the following documents to our Retail Access department:
- Information of new bank on the bank's letterhead
- Updated W-9
- Completed ACH form
Matching payee name and address should be on all submitted documents.