Orange & Rockland Helps Customers Manage Energy Costs
Payment Plans, Energy Efficiency Programs & Savings Tips All Available
Orange & Rockland (O&R) offers its customers relief from the volatility of energy prices with its Budget Billing program, energy savings tips and more.
“Helping customers manage their energy costs is one of the most important things we do,” said Janette Espino, O&R’s Vice President – Customer Service. “We are here to help customers select the right payment options and the energy efficiency upgrades that are right for them.”
The company offers Tips for Lowering Your Energy Bill and a number of Payment Plans and Assistance, including Budget Billing, which smooths customers’ costs out throughout the year. The company also encourages customers to check out its energy efficiency incentives for upgrades customers make to their homes. Rebates, Incentives, and Tax Credits.
Also, the company offers help for customers who are struggling with their bills. Orange & Rockland offers Payment Plans and Assistance, so that customers can pay off balances over time, rather than all at once.
Customers who receive benefits from certain government programs may qualify for discounts on their monthly energy bills. Orange & Rockland offers information on these and other Payment Plans and Assistance it has available for customers.
Manage Energy Use
The best money-saving strategy on the monthly energy bill for Orange & Rockland’s approximately 233,000 electric and 130,000 natural gas customers is to carefully manage their usage.
Customers can save money on energy by using these tips:
· Set thermostats at the lowest comfortable temperature. Whether you are using a gas furnace or an electric heat pump, each degree lower decreases heating costs.
· Make sure heating vents are not blocked by furniture, carpeting or anything else that could obstruct the flow of heat.
· Have a qualified contractor clean and inspect your heating system.
· Insulate hot-water pipes and warm-air ducts that pass through unheated areas. Clean or replace filters for your hot-air furnace and heat-pump.
· Swap out window shades seasonally. Light-colored window coverings reflect the sun's energy, while darker ones absorb it and release heat.
· Replace conventional light bulbs with LED bulbs, which are up to 10 times more efficient and are widely available and affordable.
Energy Prices Are Rising Across the U.S.: Here’s a Guide on How Customers Can Manage Their Winter Bills
· Spread payments out evenly across the year. A Budget Billing Plan Payment Plans and Assistance allows you to avoid large month-to-month changes in energy costs.
· Consider a payment agreement. A Payment Agreement can help you pay down an outstanding balance in manageable, monthly installments.
· Check your benefits. Find information about governmental assistance programs, such as Medicaid or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Customers enrolled in assistance programs may be eligible for discounts on their energy bills through Payment Plans and Assistance.
· Go energy efficient. Upgrade your lights, thermostats, and other appliances through our Rebates, Incentives, and Tax Credits exclusive to our customers.
· Manage your use. Register for My Account and log in via oru.com.com or oru. mobile app for an in-depth look at your hourly energy use.
· Get customized tips. Estimate Your Energy Usage can give you personalized tips and suggestions to help you improve efficiency and control costs this winter— and all year long.
· Choose your energy supplier. Orange & Rockland does not generate energy. We provide customers their energy at the same wholesale rate that we pay for it and don’t make a profit on supply costs. Customers can research and Shop for Energy Suppliers.
About Orange & Rockland
Orange and Rockland Utilities (O&R) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (Con Edison) (NYSE: ED), one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies. Orange & Rockland is a regulated electric and gas utility that serves approximately 244,000 electric customers and 131,460 natural gas customers in New York. For additional information about O&R, please visit O&R’s Web site at www.oru.com.
Orange & Rockland serves the following communities in New York: Airmont, Bloomingburg, Blooming Grove, Chester Town, Chester Village, Chestnut Ridge, Clarkstown, Crawford, Deerpark, Florida, Forestburgh, Goshen Town, Goshen Village, Grand View, Greenwood Lake, Greenville, Harriman, Haverstraw Town, Haverstraw Village, Highland Falls, Highlands, Hillburn, Kaser, Kiryas Joel, Lumberland, Mamakating, Middletown, Minisink, Monroe Town, Monroe Village, Montebello, Mount Hope, New Hempstead, New Square, Nyack, Orangetown, Otisville, Palm Tree, Piermont, Pomona, Port Jervis, Ramapo, Sloatsburg, South Blooming Grove, South Nyack, Spring Valley, Stony Point, Suffern, Tuxedo Town, Tuxedo Park, Unionville, Upper Nyack, Wesley Hills, Wallkill, Warwick Town, Warwick Village, Washingtonville, Wawayanda, West Haverstraw, Woodbury, Woodbury Village, Wurtsboro.