SmartCharge New York – Frequency Asked Questions
If you are a residential customer who owns or leases a plug-in hybrid electric or battery-electric light duty vehicle and charges it within the O&R service area in Rockland, Orange, Sullivan counties, you are eligible to participate. You are not required to be a O&R customer.
Electric vehicle drivers on the Residential Time of Use (TOU) rates are not eligible to participate in SmartCharge New York.
As a SmartCharge New York participant, you will have access to a personalized dashboard to track your EV energy consumption and earn the following cash incentives by charging your vehicle in the Orange and Rockland service area:
- One time $25 Bonus: Earned per vehicle or charging station after 3 months of charging (need not be consecutive) in the Orange and Rockland service area
- $35 per month Avoided Summer Peak: Earned per vehicle or charging station for avoiding charging on weekdays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., June 1 through September 30
- $0.07 per kWh Off-Peak Charging Incentive: Earned for charging between 12 midnight and 8 a.m., every day, year-round
To determine the incentives that you are eligible to earn, the following information is collected from your vehicle(s) or charging station(s):
- When you charge
- How much you charge (kWh)
- Where you charge (GPS location)