EmPower New York is a program sponsored by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), which provides assistance to income-eligible customers to help make their homes more energy efficient. This assistance is free and may include:
- Replacement of old, inefficient appliances, such as your refrigerator
- New, energy-efficient lighting
- Insulation to make your home or apartment warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
- Air sealing to reduce drafts
- Education about additional ways to use less energy in your daily routine, saving you even more money
Orange & Rockland customers who live in a building with 100 units or fewer and have a household income below 60% of the state median—Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) qualified—may be eligible. If you think you qualify and would like to be contact by NYSERDA, please complete the form below.