U.S. ENERGY STAR® Program Salutes O&R’s 2022 Energy Efficiency Achievements
The federal government’s ENERGY STAR® program today honored Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R) for helping save O&R customers more than 82,000 MWh of energy in 2022 by effectively promoting ENERGY STAR® certified products through O&R’s online energy store, its instant incentives in big box stores and its marketing campaigns.
The ENERGY STAR® program, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) department that provides simple, credible, and unbiased information for consumers and businesses to make well-informed energy efficiency decisions, today named O&R a 2022 Partner of the Year for Energy Efficiency Program Delivery.
The 2022 highlights that led to ENERGY STAR® honors for the O&R program include:
- Offering instant incentives on a wide variety of ENERGY STAR® products available to customers from the online marketplace (My ORU Store) in both New York and New Jersey.
- Expanding product offerings at major retail outlets in both New York and New Jersey, including ENERGY STAR® lighting, dehumidifiers, and air purifiers.
- Saving over 50,000 MWh of energy in New York and New Jersey through its lighting programs alone.
- Working with 36 food pantries in New York and 15 in New Jersey to provide ENERGY STAR® LEDs to low-to-moderate income families.
- Helping New York and New Jersey meet ambitious decarbonization goals by saving over 25,000 MMBtus with ENERGY STAR® heat pump water heaters, cold climate heat pumps, and ground source heat pumps.
- Establishing partnerships with manufacturers in celebration of Energy Star Day to offer customers additional discounts for a limited time on ENERGY STAR® certified products.
O&R’s Vice President for Customer Service Janette Espino said, “ENERGY STAR®’s recognition of O&R’s innovative energy efficiency programs is a significant tribute to O&R’s substantial work to help our customers save money while saving energy and helping the environment.”
- Since 1992, ENERGY STAR® and its partners have helped American families and businesses save more than $500 billion in energy costs.
- By choosing ENERGY STAR®, a typical household can save about $450 on their energy bills each year and still enjoy the quality and performance they expect.
- Over the lifetime of the program, every dollar EPA has spent on ENERGY STAR® resulted in nearly $350 in energy cost savings for American business and households.
About Orange & Rockland
Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc. (O&R), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies, is a regulated utility. O&R provides electric service to approximately 300,000 customers in southeastern New York State (where its franchise name is Orange & Rockland) and northern New Jersey (where it’s Rockland Electric Company) and natural gas service to approximately 130,000 customers in New York.