Bring Your Own Thermostat Program
What you can expect:
- A confirmation email and an $85 rebate check(s) from O&R within six to eight weeks
- O&R will make brief, limited adjustments to your central air-conditioner setting
- O&R will do a one-hour test adjustment sometime after May 1
- A maximum of 10 adjustments each summer (from May 1 through September 30), unless there's a power emergency
- Each temperature adjustment will last no longer than four hours and will take place sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 11 p.m. on weekdays.
- You’ll always have control of your thermostat and can change the settings at any time.
With a smart thermostat, you can:
- Adjust your temperature setting from your smartphone or tablet anytime, anywhere
- Set an automatic schedule or let your thermostat develop one based on your preferences
- Choose energy-efficient settings to manage your heating and cooling costs
- Receive alerts about extreme weather, required maintenance, or system problems
If you're an O&R residential or small business electric customer located in New York with a Wi-Fi network and one of the approved thermostats operating your central air-conditioning cooling system, you're eligible to participate.
- Must be an O&R residential or small business electric customer located in New York
- Must have a Wi-Fi network
- Must have central air conditioning
- Must have an approved thermostat (listed below)
Enroll with an approved service provider below. For more information, refer to the terms and conditions on the service provider websites. Rebates are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligible Smart Thermostat Providers
At this time, we are suspending enrollments for Nest and Honeywell thermostats for the Bring Your Own Thermostat Program. This suspension is temporary, and we are working to resume enrollments as soon as possible.
In the interim, if you're still interested in enrolling a Nest or Honeywell thermostat, please email us with your name, email address, make of thermostat, and your account number if you have it, and we will contact you as soon as enrollment re-opens.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this time. All other eligible thermostats may continue to enroll.
Alarm.com/Radio Thermostat CT 30, CT 80, CT 100; Trane ComfortLink Control; RSC Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat, GoControl Z-wave Thermostat, Alarm.com Smart Thermostat
Radio Thermostat/Filtrete 3M-50, CT 30, CT 50, CT 80
Emerson/SensiTM Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat
ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart, ecobee Smart Si
Contact usQuestions? Email Us
Was this information helpful?