O&R, Rockland Electric Co. to Close Customer Walk-In Business Centers
For the safety of their customers and employees, Orange & Rockland and Rockland Electric Company are temporarily shutting down all their walk-In community business offices effective Thursday, March 19.
Also, during this period:
- Residential customers can make a free payment by check and credit card online.
- Commercial customers can pay by check for free or by credit card for a small fee.
- The companies are waiving new late-payment charges for all customers.
- Orange & Rockland and Rockland Electric Company will not shut off service due to customer payment difficulties resulting from the health crisis.
- Visit oru.com for more self-service options.
- Call O&R Customer Service at 1-877-434-4100, weekdays 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc. (O&R) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies. O&R is a regulated utility that provides electric service to approximately 300,000 customers in southeastern New York State (where its franchise name is Orange & Rockland) and northern New Jersey (where it’s Rockland Electric Company), and natural gas service to approximately 130,000 customers in New York.
Was this information helpful?