O&R Takes Steps to Improve Its Call Center Effectiveness
O&R is seeing a substantial increase in customer calls to its Customer Service Call Center and, as a result, customers are waiting much longer than usual to speak to a customer service representative.
To reduce these longer waiting times, O&R is taking a number of steps to handle that increased volume of customer calls.
Effective today, O&R will extend its Customer Service Call Center hours of service from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Currently, the Call Center hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed Saturday and Sunday.
To further reduce customer waiting times on the phone, O&R also has:
- Deployed a new call-back feature allowing customers to avoid long phone waits by asking for a return call later the same day they call to resolve their issue;
- Hired new customer service representatives to answer customer calls;
- Retained a temporary call center service to provide additional support to answer customer calls;
- Streamlined the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone-answering system to make self-service options more readily accessible to customers so they can conduct business without speaking to a representative. Those options are available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a week and
- Directed customers through the IVR to O&R’s website www.oru.com to a wide array of options for self-service solutions 24/7.
O&R Vice President-Customer Service Christina Ho said “Most of these call volume issues are driven by temporary circumstances and we don’t expect them to persist.
She added, “We expect these changes we’ve introduced will help us better address customer needs and provide customers the service they expect and deserve.”