O&R: Power Restoration Efforts To Continue Overnight
O&R company, contractor and mutual assistance line and tree crews will continue to work overnight to restore the 12,500 customers who remain without power as a result of yesterday’s severe storms.
The vast majority of customers in Rockland and Bergen counties are expected to be back in service by midnight tonight, as crews focus on restoring outages that affect the greatest number of customers in succession until all services are restored.
For all other areas, the following estimated restoration times have been set:
Orange County: 9 a.m. on Thursday, May 17
Passaic County: 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 17
Sullivan County: 2 p.m. on Sunday, May 20
To assist those customers who will be out of service for the longest amount of time, O&R has distributed 38,000 pounds of dry ice among the following locations:
2539 State Route 42
Forestburgh, NY 12777
Mamakating Town Hall
2948 Route 209
Wurtsboro, NY 12790
Fort Montgomery Municipal Parking Lot
130 Firefighters Memorial Drive
Fort Montgomery, NY 10922
Lumberland Town Hall
1054 Proctor Road
Glen Spey, NY 12737
Customers picking up dry ice should carefully follow the safe handling and disposal instructions printed on the paper bag containing the ice. Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide and should be kept away from children and pets and used only in well-ventilated areas.
As restoration efforts continue, the company reminds customers to
- Put their safety and the safety of their children first at all times. Maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from downed wires and anything they are in contact with, including puddles and fences.
- Notify the company if power is restored to their neighborhood, but not their home. All outages and safety concerns should be reported immediately.
There are several ways customers can report outages and check service restoration status:
- Go to the O&R website from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Use the O&R mobile app from your iPhone, iPad or Android device;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
The following video describes the typical storm repair and power restoration process:
For the most current outage numbers and locations, visit O&R’s Outage Map.
Was this information helpful?