O&R Provides Dry Ice to Orange and Sullivan Counties
O&R today will be delivering 38,000 pounds of dry ice to Orange and Sullivan customers hardest hit by yesterday’s violent weather.
Dry ice will be distributed to the following locations between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. today:
2539 State Route 42
Forestburgh, NY 12777
Mamakating Town Hall
2948 Route 209
Wurtsboro, NY 12790
Fort Montgomery Municipal Parking Lot
130 Firefighters Memorial Drive
Fort Montgomery, NY 10922
Lumberland Town Hall
1054 Proctor Road
Glen Spey, NY 12737
Customers picking up dry ice should carefully follow the safe handling and disposal instructions printed on the paper bag containing the ice. Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide and should be kept away from children and pets and used only in well-ventilated areas.
O&R expects to have power restored to the vast majority of customers in Rockland and Bergen counties by midnight tonight. With damage assessment efforts underway in Orange and Sullivan counties, O&R is working to provide regional estimated restoration times for the balance of affected customers.
As restoration efforts continue, the company reminds customers to
- Put their safety and the safety of their children first at all times. Maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from downed wires and anything they are in contact with, including puddles and fences.
- Notify the company if power is restored to their neighborhood, but not their home. All outages and safety concerns should be reported immediately.
There are several ways to report outages and check service restoration status:
- Go to the O&R website from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Download the O&R Mobile app through the App Store or Google Play Store;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
The following video describes the typical storm repair and power restoration process:
For the most current outage numbers and locations, visit O&R’s Outage Map.