Power Restored to 38,000 Customers Affected by Violent Storms
After making significant progress in restoring customers overnight, O&R today continues to assess and repair extensive storm damage across its service territory.
Approximately 58,000 customers were affected by yesterday’s violent weather. Crews worked through the evening and overnight to restore electricity to 38,000 customers with all available resources committed to getting power back on for the 20,000 customers who remain out of service – approximately 16,000 are located in Orange and Sullivan counties. O&R is conducting aerial surveillance in these heavily wooded areas today to more quickly and accurately assess the full extent of damage.
The vast majority of customers in Rockland and Bergen counties will have their power restored by midnight tonight. With aggressive aerial and ground damage assessment efforts underway, O&R expects to provide regional estimated restoration times for the balance of affected customers by this evening.
Check O&R’s Outage Map for the most updated outage information.
There are several ways customers can report outages and check service restoration status:
- Go to the O&R website from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Use the O&R mobile app from your iPhone, iPad or Android device;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
The following video describes the typical storm repair and power restoration process:
O&R asks customers to please keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Don’t touch or approach any downed wire. Assume it is energized and dangerous. Call O&R immediately toll-free 1-877-434-4100. Depending on the situation, you may also want to call your local police to divert traffic until an O&R crew arrives.
For more information, visit O&R’s Storm Center at www.oru.com.
Was this information helpful?