O&R Tracks Path of Winter Storm Skylar as Restoration Work Continues
As O&R continues to repair the damage caused by Winter Storms Riley and Quinn, the company is closely tracking the path of a third nor’easter approaching our region.
According to the latest forecasts, Winter Storm Skylar could bring 1-4 inches of snow across O&R’s service territory Monday into Tuesday with sustained winds of 10-20 mph and gusts between 25-35 mph through Thursday.
Crews continue to work to repair the final remaining outages caused by the destructive back-to-back nor’easters.
O&R reminds customers to treat all downed lines as though they are energized and dangerous, and to please:
- Maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from downed wires and anything they are in contact with, including puddles and fences
- Never touch or approach any downed wire. Call O&R immediately toll-free at 1-877-434-4100. Depending on the situation, you may also want to call your local police to divert traffic until an O&R crew arrives.
There are several ways customers can report outages and check service restoration status:
- Go to www.oru.com/outage from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Use the O&R mobile app from your iPhone, iPad or Android device;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
The following video describes the typical storm repair and power restoration process:
For more information, visit O&R’s Storm Center at www.oru.com.