O&R Expects To Have Power Back To Most Customers By Midnight Tonight
O&R crews made significant progress overnight restoring power to customers affected by Winter Storm Riley – one of the most damaging storms to hit our area since Hurricane Sandy.
Over 80,000 customers have been restored since the nor’easter’s destructive winds began moving across our region on Friday morning. Approximately 8,600 remain out of service at this time. All available crews will continue working around the clock to restore power to the majority of these customers by midnight tonight.
This estimate applies to all customers who can safely be restored at this time. In some instances, buildings may be so seriously damaged that repairs must be made to the building itself before O&R can safely restore power.
O&R continues to remind customers to:
- Put their safety and the safety of their children first at all times. Maintain a distance of at least 50 feet from downed wires and anything they are in contact with, including puddles and fences.
- Notify the company if power is restored to their neighborhood, but not their home. All outages and safety concerns should be reported immediately.
There are several ways customers can report outages and check service restoration status:
- Go to www.oru.com/outage from any computer or web-enabled mobile device;
- Use the O&R mobile app from your iPhone, iPad or Android device;
- Text “OUT” to 69678 (myORU); or
- Call Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100
The following video describes the typical storm repair and power restoration process:
Was this information helpful?