Energy suppliers are now competing for your business. So whether you want
variable prices, the security of fixed prices, or green power, you should
shop around for the best deal on your electric and/or natural gas supply.
eBids lets you anonymously compare different proposals and pick
the one you like best. And no matter which energy supplier you choose,
O&R still delivers the electricity and natural gas to your home or
how eBids works:
- With your 10-digit O&R account number handy, log in to My
- Click on the eBids link in the column on the left.
- Agree to allow O&R to request a proposal on your behalf.
- Decide what to shop for: electric supply only, gas supply only, or
- Provide your e-mail address so O&R can notify you when proposals
- Submit the Bid Request form.
- Within three business days, you'll get an e-mail stating that you
have a proposal waiting for you. (Note: All the participating suppliers
on eBids have been deemed eligible by the New York State
Department of Public Service.)
- Review all proposals and decide which one works best — you're
under no obligation to select or accept any proposal.
- When you decide to pursue a specific offer, you'll be asked to release
your e-mail address, name, address, and telephone number so that the
energy supplier can contact you with further details. Releasing your
contact information does not mean you are accepting an offer; it simply
means you want to pursue the offer with the supplier. If you don't
want to release your personal contact information, you may contact
the supplier yourself.
Once you've confirmed pricing and other terms of the
offer, the energy supplier will send you a contract.
Remember, no matter who provides your electricity or
natural gas supply, O&R
still delivers the energy to your home or business, handles
any power problems, reads the meters, does the billing
and provides customer and other services.