What are your electric supply options
as a Pike County Light & Power Co. customer?
As an electric customer of Pike County Light & Power Co. (PCL&P), you have a choice of suppliers
for your electric supply service. Your options are:
OPTION 1: Stay with or select PCL&P's default service and receive a quarterly market-based
rate for electric supply.
The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PAPUC) has ordered PCL&P to offer all customers a rate
that is based on market prices. PCL&P's rates change quarterly and are based on changing market conditions.
As a result, PCL&P does not know what these prices will be in the months and years ahead.
For PCL&P's historical monthly and quarterly market-based electric supply prices, please view
PCL&P's Price to Compare Chart.
PCL&P provides default service to those of its customers who do not obtain their energy supply from Electric Generation Suppliers. To provide default service, PCL&P purchases electric supply in the wholesale spot market. Default service rates are determined quarterly and are comprised of the following:
- Market Price of Electric Supply (PCL&P's forecast of the wholesale supply costs and expected procurement costs for the quarter);
- Electric Supply Adjustment Charge (a quarterly reconciliation of the monthly over- or under-collections that compares the actual default service costs with default service revenues); and
- An adjustment for recovery of the Pennsylvania Gross Receipts Tax.
The current default service charge is available on the Company's website. PCL&P does not earn a return on its default service.
OPTION 2: Stay with your current Electric Generation Supplier or shop for another.
The names of Electric Generation Suppliers doing business in PCL&P's service territory are available
on the PAPUC's PowerSwitch Web site and
on PCL&P's List of Energy Suppliers. Or you can contact a PCL&P
Customer Service Representative at 1-877-434-4100 for this
Where you can get more information
The Office of Consumer Advocate in Pennsylvania
maintains a Web site to help residential customers compare
the current monthly price of different service offerings at: http://www.oca.state.pa.us/Industry/Electric/elecomp/pike.pdf. The
price information on the Web site is updated monthly.
In addition, you can download a copy of PCL&P's Energy Shopper's Guide. This Guide does not provide you with current price information, but it does provide information on how to shop for energy supply. You can also call PCL&P's Customer Assistance at 1-877-434-4100 if you are interested in receiving a copy of our Shopping Guide by mail.
Other important facts
If you choose an Electric Generation Supplier, everything
else with regard to your PCL&P service will remain the same.
If you have questions about your PCL&P service or account, call PCL&P's Customer Assistance toll-free
at 1-877-434-4100, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., except holidays.
- PCL&P will still deliver the electricity to your home or business through our existing wires.
- PCL&P will continue to read the meter, provide customer assistance and respond to emergencies in
case of a power outage.
- PCL&P will send you one bill each month, with a separate page showing your electric supply costs.
For your convenience, you will make only one monthly payment
to PCL&P because PCL&P will pay your
Electric Generation Supplier directly.
- PCL&P will work to maintain the safety and reliability of our energy delivery system.