If your lights go out...
Find out if your neighbors has also lost power. If so, report the outage using one of the following methods:
- O&R Web Site: From any computer or mobile device that has Internet access,
go to www.oru.com to submit an online Outage
- O&R Mobile app: Download our mobile app from your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Text Messaging: Text "OUT" to 69678 (myORU) and follow the prompts.
- 1-877-434-4100: Follow
the voice prompts.
During widespread outages when thousands of customers may be calling us, don't hesitate to use our automated telephone
system. Simply follow the voice prompts, and your outage report will be processed
just as quickly and efficiently as talking directly to one of our representatives.
If yours is the only house without power
- Check if your fuses are blown or circuit breakers are tripped.
- If the problem is in the fuse box, move the main switch to the Off position. Replace any blown fuses, then
return the main switch back to On.
- To reset a circuit breaker, switch the breaker to Off, then back to On.
- If you're still without power, contact us.
Check on the status of your outage
Unless it's a single service outage affecting just one building, you can check the status of a previously reported
outage by accessing our online Electric Outage
Status form from any Web-enabled
device with a connection to the Internet. Simply enter your account number
or the phone number on record with your account. We'll confirm that we're
aware of your outage and let you know when a field crew has been assigned,
when the crew is in your area working and when we expect to have power restored.
NOTE: In the early stages after a major storm, it may not be possible to give you an estimated time for when power
will be restored. When hundreds of individual outage incidents have occurred,
it takes time for specially trained damage assessors to get around to each
location and determine what is required to make repairs. Oftentimes, damage assessment is delayed by persistent
storm conditions and blocked roads.