Past Grant Recipients
Here are the CIC community grants listed by organization and amount
- The Academy of Music Festival. $750
to support the Academy's 12th Annual Summer Music Festival.
- The African American Historical Society. $1,000 to sponsor the Smithsonian Museum American
Indian Exhibit, "Indivisible: African/Native American Lives"
at Rockland Community College
- Blue Rock School. $1,000 to support their inter-generational
- Braeside Camp. $1,800 to purchase two-door cooler.
- Community 2000 (Warwick Summer Arts Festival). $1,500 to support
the 2010 Summer Arts Festival.
- Elmwood Community Playhouse. $2,500 to assist with the production costs for their 63rd season.
- Friends of the Nyacks. $750 to sponsor the 20th Mostly Music Festival.
- The Friends of Rockland Lake and Hook Mountain,
Inc. $500 to fund their educational programming.
- G.A.I.T. (Genuine Alternative in Therapy). $2,600 to
help offset the cost of their fire system upgrade.
- Grey Towers Heritage Association. $1,000 to expand their arts program.
- EPIC (Every Person Influences Children). $500 to support
the grandparents program.
- Help From People to People. $10,000 to
support Back to School With Dignity program, which provides school
supplies to at-risk and low-income families.
- Helping Hands of Rockland County.
$1,100 to help purchase office furniture.
- Historical Society of Rockland County. $750 for new educational brochure for the Historical Society of Rockland
- Holocaust Museum & Study Center. $3,000
to support their "Embracing Diversity" program.
- Humane Society of Blooming Grove. $750 to
support their 5K event.
- Jawonio, Inc. $500 to sponsor their annual film benefit.
- JCC Rockland. $4,000 to support the 2010 JCC Rockland International
Jewish Film Festival.
- Keep Rockland Beautiful, Inc. $1,000 for their
Energy Bike Environmental Education Station.
- Kings Theatre Company. $1,500 to support the 2010 free Outdoor
Summer Concert Series.
- Mustard Seed Migrant Ministry. $4,000 to support
- Neighborhood Cruisers, Inc. $1,500 to support Cruisin'
for Kids, an annual benefit to raise funds to help sick children and
their families pay off increasingly high medical bills.
- North Rockland Rowing Club, Inc. $1,500
to support their rowing program for safe crew equipment and scholarships.
- One 2 One Learning, Inc. $4,500
to support the work/energy saving project.
- Orange County Citizens Foundation. $1,000
to support the 2010 cultural exhibit and initiative featuring the trees of Orange County.
- Passaic River Coalition. $500 for
the Passaic County Trails.
- Port Jervis Council for the Arts. $1,500 for the Port Jervis Arts Walk event.
- Ramapo College Foundation. $750 for their
summer concert series.
- Rivertown Film Society. $1,400 for the Rockland Filmmakers film series.
- Rockland Conservatory of Music. $750 to support music
therapy for disabled adults program.
- Rockland County Jazz & Blues Society. $750 to support
their summer series.
- Rockland Negro Scholarship Fund, Inc. $4,500 for scholarship awards in the name of Orange & Rockland.
- SIT (Science, Inventions & Technology) Fair. $1,500 to purchase
savings bonds, books and materials.
- Stony Point Seals, Inc. $1,500 to support the 11th Annual Polar Plunge.
- Summer Theatre Festival of Clarkstown.
$750 to support the 2010 productions, "On the Town".
- Sustainable West Milford. $1,500
to sponsor the Highland Greenfest.
- Winslow Therapeutic Riding Center. $1,500 to provide scholarships
for children of therapeutic riding.